Saturday, August 28, 2010

Paris, Je T'Aime






And this is how I spent my night, watching "Paris, Je T'Aime." The cover to this film reads; "Stories of love, from the city of love," the advertisement above reads; "Fall in love with Paris 18 times." And both statements are exactly how I feel about this film. Yes, the movie involves love stories, Paris is the city of love, and after watching this film I definitely fell in love with Paris 18 times. I know I am very late in watching this film, it was released about 3-4 years ago, and I've had the chance to see "New York, I Love You" which came after this movie. I liked "New York, I Love You," but I loved "Paris, Je T'Aime." It put me in that mood, where I dream and imagine, and nothing seems unreachable. I watched it alone, so it made painting a visual picture with myself in it, very easy. I love films like this one because they inspire me in many ways for example, If I were in any of the Parisian settings portrayed in the film, I know what I would wear, what I would like to eat, the type of music I'd listen to, where I would go out to, etc. The way we dress, the things we say, the things we do, the things we like are all representations of who we are. Personally me, well I'm all over the place which explains the dreamer in me. If you haven't seen the film you should, and if you've seen it, what did you think?

p.s. Natalie Portman is stunning, she is very natural in this film and she still looks gorgeous!

Good night and sweet dreams...

With ♥ D

No comments:

Post a Comment