Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pt. 2 of LACMA
















Here is a continuation to the last post, I forgot to mention that unfortunately we were unable to go through the entire museum so we missed out on art from Latin America, Asia and some from Europe. We did get to see many sculptures and installations though. The last picture of the giant vase/bowl(I really don't know what you would call that) was entirely made of silver! It was massive and I am guessing the upkeep of it must be difficult. The sculpturing of that piece was extremely detailed, every single outline was perfect. They also, had some paintings and installations by Andy Warhol but unfortunately it was the only building in the museum where they didn't allow pictures to be taken:(
The first couple of pictures are from outside the main entrance of the museum where they have an installation called "Urban Light" which includes about 200 vintage street lamps. It is very beautiful during the day so I can only imagine that it is even more beautiful at night when they are all lit up.
Though I don't know a lot about art, I do appreciate it very much and I definitely want to learn more, so if you have any favorite artist share them with me! And if you've never been to LACMA and like art, you should definitely go there!


Outfit:
H&M boys leather jacket
Flannel from my sisters closet
Riding boots from Rosebowl Flea Market
Sunnies from Betsey Johnson


With ♥ D

No comments:

Post a Comment